Players can level up by obtaining 325 EXP. EXP can be obtained through the following methods:
- Performing well in classes
- Bringing associated books from the locker to class
- Possible reward from the fountain
- Sleeping to bring back energy level in the apartments, or sleeping bags in the beach house
- Participating in the Royale Universe Pageant at Sunset Island
- Participating in Battle a la Royale
Things rewarded or permitted by leveling up or having a high level.
When players level up, they get 300 diamonds.
Diamond multiplier gamepasses can increase the number of diamonds gained by leveling up. The 2x pass increases the reward value to 600 diamonds. The 4x multiplier increases the reward value to 1200 diamonds. Owning both of the multiplier gamepasses (6x) increases the reward value to 1800 diamonds.
If a player reaches the top 100 levels out of all Royale High players, their username and level will be displayed on a leaderboard in the Arrival Screen. Or in the Beach House with the new 2020 Summer update.
The Intergalactic Trading Hub (and the trading feature in general) requires a level of 75 or higher to access.
Level locks were either temporarily or previously on some features of the game.
- Sunset Island was only accessible by levels 40 and up for a short time after release for testing purposes.
- The town wheel was originally locked to levels 5 and up.
The Gem & Crown Wheel
The gem and crown wheel could be spun by players on leveling up, or they could be bought with diamonds.
Every two levels the player would receive a gem roll, and every ten levels the player would receive a crown roll. Players could decorate different colors of crowns with many different colored gems, which the player could wear as accessories. The crown wheel provides crowns of various colors. They can be accessed by clicking on the player's level shown on the right side of the screen.
The design must be saved by pressing the "Save Crown Design!" button on the bottom of the menu after the player makes changes to the crown, or it will not get updated.
There used to be a button next to the "Remove Hats" button called "Hide Crown", but it was removed. Now, players can take the crown off by clicking on it in their Inventory in the "Wearing" section.
This feature is no longer active and the player can no longer spin for gems or crowns.