This article is incorrect, outdated, or otherwise needs improvement.
The specific problems are: Needs massive rewrite and cleanup, entirely in third person
The apartments were released on December 6, 2019. The apartments are a place for the player to roleplay, gain experience and diamonds.
Before the arrival screen was introduced, when the players joined they started at the players own apartment; if the player joined someone else's private server the player would spawn at someone else's apartment.
On the elevator door to the apartments, there is a key button, upon clicking the keys a GUI will show up and the player will be able to lock or unlock the apartment. Clicking "Doors Open!" will let friends go into the player's apartment via the home button on the player's phone, clicking "Do Not Disturb" will disable this option.
As of December 31, 2019, players can host parties, which allows anyone in the server to go into the host's apartment. The "kick" feature was also added to let players kick people out of their apartment.
In the same update listed above, players can use their phones to order any kind of pizzas and drinks of the player's choosing; each pizza costing 100 diamonds and each drink costing 20 diamonds. Afterward, Zed will appear at the elevator with the item(s) ordered and the player will be able to interact by either placing or consuming them. This feature is exclusive to apartments only.
The first time the player enters their apartment, the default color scheme will be purple. However, players will be able to choose their preferred color scheme right away. The player can change the color of the apartment again anytime the player wants by selecting the paint bucket in the closet.
Sleeping bags can also be found in the closet. The player can rotate these by holding down the mouse button on a PC or holding down their finger on mobile. After the player has finished rotating it, click or tap one more time to place it, then click it one last time to choose the colors.
BedroomThe bedroom has a bed and two fairy light lamps at the side of the bed. On the opposite side of the bed is a desk, with a computer, a keyboard, Royella, and headphones on it. Sleeping in the bed gives the player XP depending on the percentage of sleep the player gained. Sleeping in sleeping bags also does the same effect. To level up, the player needs 160% of sleep. As of December 31, 2019, more curtains were added that can close off the bedroom from the rest of the apartment.
The computer on the desk will give the player daily rewards when logging on. There are a total of 10 rewards before the streak starts over again starting back at day 1, and each day the number of diamonds received increases exponentially:
- Day 1/10: 100 Diamonds
- Day 2/10: 200 Diamonds
- Day 3/10: 300 Diamonds
- Day 4/10: 500 Diamonds
- Day 5/10: 800 Diamonds
- Day 6/10: 1,000 Diamonds
- Day 7/10: 1,300 Diamonds
- Day 8/10: 1,700 Diamonds
- Day 9/10: 2,100 Diamonds
- Day 10/10: 4,000 Diamonds
In total, it calculates to 12,000 diamonds.
Royella is a Music Player located on the desk next to the computer. It is a gray dome with glowing cyan lights. Royella allows players to create music playlists, using Roblox Audio IDs. The default songs for Royella are songs that usually play on Earth.
To add music to the playlist, the player needs a Roblox Audio ID, where it says 'Add song', type the Roblox Audio ID there.
It's a parody of Amazon's Alexa.
The kitchen has a fridge, oven, microwave, stove, and countertops. There are lights in the kitchen including ones that fade between different colors of the rainbow. The stools have different animations, one of which the player jumps from the stool landing onto the couch.
The player can open and close the oven, microwave and curtains, but they have no purpose as of now other than roleplaying. If the player turns on the oven and go in, the player will start to take damage.
There's also a door nearby leading to the Pantry. The Pantry has jars of food and a kettle; Currently, only the kettle has functionality.
In the Pantry, the player can find the kettle. Players can use kettles for many things.
- To make drinks: Place the kettle in the sink and fill it up, then put it on the stove. When it heats up, they can either choose a drink they want (tea or hot chocolate) and then choose the specifications. The player may also move the kettle or clean it up. There are 6 types of hot chocolate and 9 types of tea.
- Building: Kettles can be placed anywhere, and stack them up to make furniture items of their choice. (This was not intended but it certainly works.)
The player can now also cause disasters in the apartments! These include:
- Fires: turn on at least one or more stove button(s), and wait for 1-2 minutes. Eventually, the stove will light on fire, and if not stopped by a flood, will spread through the player's apartment.
- Floods: turn on the kitchen sink and wait for 10 seconds. The sink will soon overflow and the water will go up to knee length. If the player turns this on during a fire, the fire will stop. To end a flood, the player has to turn off the sink and wait for 5 seconds.
Players will not die from either of these events nor will their apartment be affected after the disaster has ended. The player can set an apartment on fire after flooding it, and the water will catch on fire instead of putting the fire away.
Living RoomThe default living room consists of a very large couch, fireplace, and a fairy light floor lamp in the corner.
The couch has blankets on it that are in the same color the player chose with their paint bucket. If the player moves from spot to spot on the couch, the player will discover different sitting animations. The sitting animations are fixed to specific places on the couch.
BathroomIn between the main hall and bathroom, there is a storage room for towels and a hamper to remove worn ones.
Inside the bathroom, there is a bathtub with a tap that the player can turn on, as well as an overhead waterfall shower, and a bathtub light switch which makes the light in the bathtub fade between different colors of the rainbow. There are sinks that the player can turn on, but cannot flood the apartment. Under the sinks are toothbrushes that the player can use.
The vanity has a seat and mirror, as well as many makeup supplies such as lipstick, facial mist, nail polish, nail file, nail buffer, and more. These are all for roleplaying purposes. Near the vanity, there is a door that the player can open and close leading to the toilet.
- During the Christmas 2019 Event, there was a Christmas tree instead of the usual fairy light floor lamp.
- In the 2020 New Years Update, balloons and other party supplies were temporarily added, as well as a big 2020 cake where the window seat was while fireworks came on. Players could also pull out ice cream from the freezer or order pizza with a special 2020 sign on top. A deck of cards replaced the book on the couch where the player could play a game with other players.